January 16, 2015
Please help us with this quick, one questions poll Time Wasted Searching for Tools. We will share the results.
Please share the poll with your friends!
Click on the image below or http://survey.constantcontact.com/poll/a07eaev2r7ti4wwzagn/start.html
January 13, 2015
The BesTape Border Kit is a convenient way to visually layout an area so it is easy to see the purpose of the zone. Use these as part of your Safety, 5S or Visual Lean System. The kits are made with our extremely durable BesTape with (2) 3’ sections and (1) 2’ section. The notched corners make it easy to align and install.
BesTape Border Kit Uses
To help comply with OSHA Regulation 1910.303 for electrical panels, use these border kits to visually mark off the area so that personnel will refrain from placing objects in front of the panel.
Red for Safety
- Fire Equipment and Fire Extinguishers
- Electrical Panels – Keep Clear
- First Aid Kits
Green for First Aid or Safety Equipment
- Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Safety Showers
- First Aid Kits
Yellow for attention
- Trash Cans
- Pillars and posts
- Parts of equipment that extend or stick out
- Cleaning supplies or Shine supplies
Buy a roll of BesTape (any size, any color) and get a BesTape Border Kit for Free! This is a great way to try out both of these floor marking items. Save $24.00! Click here for more information>> BesTapeBorderKitPromo
January 6, 2015
5S and Lean in 2015!
Five Tips to Make Your Resolutions Stick!
It’s been estimated that 40 percent of people make New Year’s resolutions. It also has been noted that most people average about ten days trying to achieve their new goal before they give up. How can we do better? Here are five Quick Tips that might help.
1. Limit the number of things you set goals for. A smaller list will allow you to focus. Try only a few, perhaps three or less.
2. Think long-term. Most people give up on their goals by January 10th, so hang in there.
3. Keep track of your progress. Celebrate little victories and recover quickly from setbacks.
4. Start with small steps. Use Kaizen as a guide. Many Small improvements will lead to BIG improvements!
5. Ask for help. Talk to a friend if you need a little support. Their encouraging words or advice may be all you need to keep going!
Join us on Twitter and share your best ideas for 5S and Lean – Use #5SandLean2015
Follow us @ www.twitter.com/5Ssupply
December 8, 2014
Here’s an excerpt from my recent interview with Santa Claus:
Tony: Santa, I know you are very busy this time of year and I appreciate you taking some time to talk to me.
Tony: Can you tell me a couple of things that have helped improve your efficiency this year?
Santa: Sure! First of all, I think it is how we reorganized the warehouse Everything is now labeled and visual. We even used BesTapeTM and 5SsymbolsTM to mark the floors. Now every elf knows exactly where to put all the toys for the good little girls and boys.
Buddy, one of my top elves, told me how the workshop’s tools are all set-in-order. He and his team used Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows to mark where all the tools belong. He said that this alone has saved them hundreds of hours versus having to search for things.
Tony: That sounds great. Thank you for your time today. Can I ask, was I on the naughty or nice list this year?
Santa: Ho, ho, ho, I’ve got to go… Merry Christmas!
October 7, 2014
Tool Tracer TM Tool Shadows are a low cost solution to stay organized! Don’t waste time searching for tools.
5S Supply has updated and created new Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows. These shadows make it easy to identify when a tool is not in its proper place and will help you “Sustain” your 5S efforts with “tool recoil”. We now have many styles and colors to choose from.
The DIY Kits come in a standard 25 piece set or a full 50 piece set. There are 11 colors to choose from: Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, Grey, and White; the most colors offered in the industry. Mark your tools with the exclusive Tool-ID BandTM to match the tool shadow and location to stay organized and instantly know if something is missing or out of place.
Other Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows
- Tool TracerTM Tool Shadow Rolls to customize your own solution
- Shipping & Packing Station 5-piece Set
- Broom & Dustpan Set
The Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows adhere to all types of pegboards including: wood, plastic or metal – as well as: glass, concrete, desktops or workbenches, and dry erase boards. Just peel & stick. Our Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows come with a One-point Lesson on how to apply.
Tool TracerTM Tool Shadows are Patent Pending.
- Standard tool shapes or rolls to create customized shapes
- Exclusive Tool-ID BandTM
- 3 mil polymeric-blend glossy opaque calendered vinyl film
- Long lasting, 4 year interior or exterior durability
- Sunlight fade resistant
- Clear permanent adhesive
- Patent Pending
- Mark your tools and location to stay organized and instantly know if something is missing or out of place
- Don’t waste time searching for things, get projects and work done quicker with less effort
- Visually pleasing and professional looking
- Less stress when you know where your tools are
- Sets a standard that anyone can follow
- Perfect for 5S Set-in-order and a visual workplace
For more information, click here>> Tool Tracer Tool Shadows
August 6, 2014
Our promotion last month “BesTape Buy the Case” was such a hit that we decided to extend and expand the promotion!
Get ready for the sequel – “BesTape Buy the Case – Part II: The Mix Up”
5S Supply has a limited time offer of $70 off the regular price when you purchase BesTape, “the best darn floor tape – ever” by the case. Buy 5 rolls and get one free! Now you can mix and match any combination colors you want: red, yellow, green, blue, and white.
If you want 3 rolls of yellow, 1 red, 1 blue and 1 white – no problem
If you want 5 rolls of yellow and 1 red – no problem
If you want 2 rolls of yellow, 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 white – no problem
You get the picture!
Plus a Special “Sequel” Bonus – if you buy 2 cases we will throw in a set of 5Ssymbols for free!
The 2” wide rolls come six to a case and are 100’ long; this gives you 600′ to visually mark your workplace including: warehouse areas, production areas, standard stock and work-in-process locations, safety concerns and many more.
BesTape is already priced lower all the other similar premium tapes. Here is your chance to really give it a try anywhere in your facility!
Check it out at>> BesTape by-the-case II
July 9, 2014
5S Supply is pleased to announce the release of its newest products from Gauge RangeTM. Gauge Range now comes in three styles:
- Starter Pack
- Standard Pack
- Super Pack
Refill packs for each style are also available.
Make it easy to see and know when everything is “good-to-go” with Gauge Range Marking System. These translucent self-adhesive sheets in red, yellow and green make it simple to mark gauges so that everyone can see if equipment is in the correct operating range. The gauge marking system comes pre-cut, with the most common sizes 1”, 1-1/2”, 2”, 2-1/2”, 4” plus full sheets to customize to your needs. Just peel and stick to mark your gauges for the correct range.
Why Gauge Range?
- We did the hard work for you – our gauge marking system comes pre-cut, with the most common sizes: 1”, 1-1/2”, 2”, 2-1/2”, and 4” plus full sheets that you can customize for your own needs
- Easy to apply in seconds
- Perfect for monitoring your equipment quickly and easily
- Train someone quickly as to the correct operating range
- Comes with enough material to easily mark several gauges
- Made from 5-year outdoor grade vinyl, Gauge Range will last for years in most environments
- Custom sizes available
“We wanted to make it as easy as possible to choose the right Gauge Range for everyone’s needs. By offering a Starter Pack, Standard Pack and Super Pack, we think we achieved this. We are also pleased to now offer refill packs for your added convenience.” – Jennifer Molski, Manager Customer Care, 5S Supply
Gauge Range Packs include:
- Three colors: red, yellow, green
- Five year outdoor transparent marking vinyl
- Enough material to mark dozens of gauges
- Handy Storage Folder to hold Gauge Range
- How to Guide “Make Your Workplace Visual with Gauge Marking”
Benefits of Gauge Range
- Easy to train
- Sets a standard
- Correct operation
- Improves quality
- Better maintenance
- Quicker setups
- Develops a visual workplace
- Boosts any TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) or MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) system